Representatives of the Contracting Parties continued their deliberations on several thematic decision during the second day of their biennial meeting that is being held in Tirana, Albania from 17 to 20 December. At the end of the second day’s session, the following decisions have been cleared by the meeting for adoption:
- Revised Reporting Format for the Implementation of the Barcelona Convention for the Protection of the Marine Environment and the Coastal Region of the Mediterranean
- Compliance Committee: Biennium 2016-2017
- Implementation and Monitoring of the Mediterranean Strategy for Sustainable Development 2016 – 2025 and of the Regional Action Plan on Sustainable Consumption and Production in the Mediterranean
- Updated Resource Mobilization Strategy
- 2017 Mediterranean Quality Status Report
- Implementation of the Integrated Coastal Zone Management Protocol:
- Updated Action Plan for the Conservation of Marine and Coastal Bird Species listed in Annex II to the Protocol concerning Specially Protected Areas and Biological Diversity in the Mediterranean - Updated Reference List of Marine and Coastal Habitat Types in the Mediterranean
- Identification and Conservation of Sites of Particular Ecological Interest in the Mediterranean, including Specially Protected Areas of Mediterranean Importance
- Amendments to Annex II to the Protocol concerning Specially Protected Areas and Biological Diversity in the Mediterranean
- Mediterranean Guide on Cooperation and Mutual Assistance in Responding to Marine Pollution Incidents
- Updated Guidelines on Management of Dredged Materials
- Updated Guidelines on the Management of Desalination Activities
The programme of the day included the following side-events:
The Ministry of Environment and Urbanization of Turkey organized three side events on Turkey’s efforts to combat Climate change; Activities carried out on Climate Change and Protected Areas in Turkey; Marine litter.
The secretariat of the RAMOGE agreement organized a side-event entitles “More than 40 years of cooperation to preserve the Mediterranean sea” covering the issues of Integrated Coastal Zone Management and Prevention of marine pollution under the Agreement.
Participants also visited the photo exhibition “Deep colors of the Mediterranean sea”, organized by the Information and Communication Regional Activity Centre of the Mediterranean Action Plan (Info-RAC), which will run for the duration of the meeting.